Original scientific papers [pdf]
1. Abera M, Hardy-Johnson P, Abdissa A, Workicho A, Ali R, Weller S, Fall C, Kehoe SH, Barker M, Haileamlak A. Social, economic and cultural influences on adolescent nutrition and physical activity in Jimma, Ethiopia: perspectives from adolescents and their caregivers. Public Health Nutr. 2020:1-9.
2. Adam LM, Jarman M, Barker M, Manca DP, Lawrence W, Bell RC. Use of healthy conversation skills to promote healthy diets, physical activity and gestational weight gain: Results from a pilot randomised controlled trial. Patient Educ Couns. 2020;103(6):1134-42.
3. Alarkawi D, Ali MS, Bliuc D, Pallares N, Tebe C, Elhussein L, Caskey FJ, Arden NK, Ben-Shlomo Y, Abrahamsen B, Diez-Perez A, Pascual J, et al. including Cooper C, Javaid MK. Oral Bisphosphonate Use and All-Cause Mortality in Patients With Moderate-Severe (Grade 3B-5D) Chronic Kidney Disease: A Population-Based Cohort Study. J Bone Miner Res. 2020;35(5):894-900.
4. Ali MS, Ernst M, Robinson DE, Caskey F, Arden NK, Ben-Shlomo Y, Nybo M, Rubin KH, Judge A, Cooper C, Javaid MK, Hermann AP, et al. Alendronate use and bone mineral density gains in women with moderate-severe (stages 3B-5) chronic kidney disease: an open cohort multivariable and propensity score analysis from Funen, Denmark. Arch Osteoporos. 2020;15 (1).
5. Aljahdali A, Airina RKRI, Velazquez MA, Sheth B, Wallen K, Osmond C, Watkins AJ, Eckert JJ, Smyth NR, Fleming TP. The duration of embryo culture after mouse IVF differentially affects cardiovascular and metabolic health in male offspring. Hum Reprod. 2020;35(11):2497-514.
6. Antoun E, Kitaba NT, Titcombe P, Dalrymple KV, Garratt ES, Barton SJ, Murray R, Seed PT, Holbrook JD, Kobor MS, Lin DTS, MacIsaac JL, et al. including Godfrey KM. Maternal dysglycaemia, changes in the infant’s epigenome modified with a diet and physical activity intervention in pregnancy: Secondary analysis of a randomised control trial. PLoS Med. 2020;17 (11) (e1003229).
7. Balcha SA, Demisse AG, Mishra R, Vartak T, Cousminer DL, Hodge KM, Voight BF, Lorenz K, Schwartz S, Jerram ST, Gamper A, Holmes A, et al. Type 1 diabetes in Africa: an immunogenetic study in the Amhara of North-West Ethiopia. Diabetologia. 2020;63(10):2158-68.
8. Banavali U, Patil S, Chavan R, Sonawane S, Joglekar C, Fall C, Weller S, Kehoe SH, Barker M, Hardy-Johnson P. What shapes adolescents’ diet and physical activity habits in rural Konkan, India? Adolescents’ and caregivers’ perspectives. Public Health Nutr. 2020:1-10.
9. Barker GJ, Krishnaveni G, Kumaran K, Kupard SS, Singh L, Singh R, Subodh BN, Thennarasu K, Benegal V, Schumann G, Murthy P, Holla B, et al. including Fall CHD. The Consortium on Vulnerability to Externalizing Disorders and Addictions (c-VEDA): an accelerated longitudinal cohort of children and adolescents in India. Mol Psychiatry. 2020;25(8):1618-30.
10. Barker KL, Newman M, Stallard N, Leal J, Lowe CM, Javaid MK, Noufaily A, Hughes T, Smith D, Gandhi V, Cooper C, Lamb SE. Physiotherapy rehabilitation for osteoporotic vertebral fracture-a randomised controlled trial and economic evaluation (PROVE trial). Osteoporos Int. 2020;31(2):277-89.
11. Barker ME, Hardy-Johnson P, Weller S, Haileamalak A, Jarju L, Jesson J, Krishnaveni GV, Kumaran K, Leroy V, Moore SE, Norris SA, Patil S, et al. including Ward KA, Fall CHD. How do we improve adolescent diet and physical activity in India and sub-Saharan Africa? Findings from the Transforming Adolescent Lives through Nutrition (TALENT) consortium. Public Health Nutr. 2020:1-9.
12. Batty GD, Deary I, Luciano M, Altschul D, Kivimaki M, Gale C. Psychosocial factors and hospitalisations for COVID-19: Prospective cohort study of the general population. medRxiv. 2020;01:01.
13. Batty GD, Deary IJ, Luciano M, Altschul DM, Kivimaki M, Gale CR. Psychosocial factors and hospitalisations for COVID-19: Prospective cohort study based on a community sample. Brain Behav Immun. 2020;89:569-78.
14. Batty GD, Gale CR, Kivimaki M, Deary IJ, Bell S. Comparison of risk factor associations in UK Biobank against representative, general population based studies with conventional response rates: prospective cohort study and individual participant meta-analysis. BMJ. 2020;368:m131.
15. Batty GD, Hamer M, Gale CR. Life course psychological distress and cardiovascular disease risk factors in middle-age: birth cohort study. Cardiovascular research. 2020;27.
16. Bechman K, Oke A, Yates M, Norton S, Dennison E, Cope AP, Galloway JB. Is background methotrexate advantageous in extending TNF inhibitor drug survival in elderly patients with rheumatoid arthritis? An analysis of the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register. Rheumatology (United Kingdom). 2020;59(9):2563-71.
17. Bevilacqua G, Denison HJ, Laskou F, Jameson KA, Ward KA, Cooper C, Dennison EM. Self-reported Sleep Quality and Bone Outcomes in Older Adults: Findings from the Hertfordshire Cohort Study. Calcif Tissue Int. 2020;106(5):455-64.
18. Bhasin S, Travison TG, Manini TM, Patel S, Pencina KM, Fielding RA, Magaziner JM, Newman AB, Kiel DP, Cooper C, Guralnik JM, Cauley JA, et al. Sarcopenia Definition: The Position Statements of the Sarcopenia Definition and Outcomes Consortium. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2020;68(7):1410-8.
19. Bloom I, Welch L, Vassilev I, Rogers A, Jameson K, Cooper C, Robinson S, Baird J. Findings from an exploration of a social network intervention to promote diet quality and health behaviours in older adults with COPD: A feasibility study. Pilot Feasibility Stud. 2020;6 (1).
20. Borges Manna L, Papacleovoulou G, Flaviani F, Pataia V, Qadri A, Abu-Hayyeh S, McIlvride S, Jansen E, Dixon P, Chambers J, Vazquez-Lopez M, Wahlstrom A, et al. including Godfrey KM. Ursodeoxycholic acid improves feto-placental and offspring metabolic outcomes in hypercholanemic pregnancy. Sci Rep. 2020;10(1):10361.
21. Borgstrom F, Karlsson L, Ortsater G, Norton N, Halbout P, Cooper C, Lorentzon M, McCloskey EV, Harvey NC, Javaid MK, Kanis JA, Reginster JY, et al. Fragility fractures in Europe: burden, management and opportunities. Arch Osteoporos. 2020;15 (1).
22. Brands B, Chomtho S, Suthutvoravut U, Boey CCM, Tang SF, Godfrey KM, Koletzko B. Early nutrition eacademy southeast Asia E-learning for enhancing knowledge on nutrition during the first 1000 days of life. Nutrients. 2020;12(6):1-12.
23. Breasil O, Prentice A, Ward K. Pregnancy-Related Bone Mineral and Microarchitecture Changes in Women Aged 30 to 45 Years. J Bone Miner Res. 2020;35(7):1253-62.
24. Campbell M, Smith D, Baird J, Vogel C, Moon EG. A critical review of diet-related surveys in England, 1970-2018. Arch Public Health. 2020;78:66.
25. Carter SA, Parsons CM, Robinson SM, Harvey NC, Ward KA, Cooper C, Dennison EM. Infant milk feeding and bone health in later life: findings from the Hertfordshire cohort study. Osteoporos Int. 2020;31(4):709-14.
26. Cavalier E, Lukas P, Bottani M, Aarsand AK, Ceriotti F, Coskun A, Diaz-Garzon J, Fernandez-Calle P, Guerra E, Locatelli M, Sandberg S, Carobene A, et al. including Cooper C. European Biological Variation Study (EuBIVAS): within- and between-subject biological variation estimates of beta-isomerized C-terminal telopeptide of type I collagen (beta-CTX), N-terminal propeptide of type I collagen (PINP), osteocalcin, intact fibroblast growth factor 23 and uncarboxylated-unphosphorylated matrix-Gla protein-a cooperation between the EFLM Working Group on Biological Variation and the International Osteoporosis Foundation-International Federation of Clinical Chemistry Committee on Bone Metabolism. Osteoporos Int. 2020;31(8):1461-70.
27. Chen B, Bernard JY, Padmapriya N, Ning Y, Cai S, Lanca C, Tan KH, Yap F, Chong YS, Shek L, Godfrey KM, Saw SM, et al. Associations between early-life screen viewing and 24 hour movement behaviours: findings from a longitudinal birth cohort study. Lancet Child Adolesc Health. 2020;4(3):201-9.
28. Chen LW, Xu J, Soh SE, Aris IM, Tint MT, Gluckman PD, Tan KH, Shek LPC, Chong YS, Yap F, Godfrey KM, Gilbert JA, et al. Implication of gut microbiota in the association between infant antibiotic exposure and childhood obesity and adiposity accumulation. Int J Obes. 2020;44(7):1508-20.
29. Chia AR, de Seymour JV, Wong G, Sulek K, Han TL, McKenzie EJ, Aris IM, Godfrey KM, Yap F, Tan KH, Shek LPC, Lee YS, et al. Maternal plasma metabolic markers of neonatal adiposity and associated maternal characteristics: The GUSTO study. Sci Rep. 2020;10(1):9422.
30. Chopra HV, Gandhi MJ, Sahariah SA, Weller S, Potdar RD, Barker M, Kehoe SH, Fall CH, Hardy-Johnson P. Conflicts between adolescents and their caregivers living in slums of Mumbai, India in relation to junk food consumption and physical activity. Public Health Nutr. 2020:1-11.
31. Chu AHY, Aris IM, Ng S, Loy SL, Bernard JY, Tint MT, Yuan WL, Godfrey KM, Chan JKY, Shek LPC, Chong YS, Tan KH, et al. Anthropometric measures and HbA1c to detect dysglycemia in young Asian women planning conception: The S-PRESTO cohort. Sci Rep. 2020;10(1):9228.
32. Clynes MA, Bevilacqua G, Jameson KA, Cooper C, Dennison EM. Does self-report of multimorbidity in later life predict impaired physical functioning, and might this be useful in clinical practice? Aging Clin Exp Res. 2020;32(8):1443-50.
33. Clynes MA, Westbury LD, Dennison EM, Kanis JA, Javaid MK, Harvey NC, Fujita M, Cooper C, Leslie WD, Shuhart CR. Bone densitometry worldwide: a global survey by the ISCD and IOF. Osteoporos Int. 2020;31(9):1779-86.
34. Coggon D, Ntani G, Walker-Bone K, Felli VE, Harari R, Barrero LH, Felknor SA, Rojas M, Cattrell A, Serra C, Bonzini M, Solidaki E, et al. Associations of sickness absence for pain in the low back, neck and shoulders with wider propensity to pain. Occup Environ Med. 2020;77(5):301-8.
35. Compaore A, Ouedraogo K, Boua PR, Watson D, Kehoe SH, Newell ML, Tinto H, Barker M, Sorgho H. ‘Men are not playing their roles’, maternal and child nutrition in Nanoro, Burkina Faso. Public Health Nutr. 2020:1-11.
36. Condurache CI, Chiu S, Chotiyarnwong P, Johansson H, Shepstone L, Lenaghan E, Cooper C, Clarke S, Khioe RFS, Fordham R, Gittoes N, Harvey I, et al. including Harvey NC. Screening for high hip fracture risk does not impact on falls risk: a post hoc analysis from the SCOOP study. Osteoporos Int. 2020;31(3):457-64.
37. Cortet B, Dennison E, Diez-Perez A, Locquet M, Muratore M, Nogues X, Ovejero Crespo D, Quarta E, Brandi ML. Radiofrequency Echographic Multi Spectrometry (REMS) for the diagnosis of osteoporosis in a European multicenter clinical context. Bone. 2020(115786).
38. Dalrymple KV, Flynn AC, Seed PT, Briley AL, O’Keeffe M, Godfrey KM, Poston L. Associations between dietary patterns, eating behaviours, and body composition and adiposity in 3-year-old children of mothers with obesity. Pediatr Obes. 2020;15 (5).
39. Dalrymple KV, Tydeman FAS, Taylor PD, Flynn AC, O’Keeffe M, Briley AL, Santosh P, Hayes L, Robson SC, Nelson SM, Sattar N, Whitworth MK, et al. including Godfrey KM. Adiposity and cardiovascular outcomes in three-year-old children of participants in UPBEAT, an RCT of a complex intervention in pregnant women with obesity. Pediatr Obes. 2020.
40. Debpuur C, Nonterah EA, Chatio ST, Adoctor JK, Dambayi E, Beeri P, Nonterah EW, Ayi-Bisah D, Watson D, Kehoe SH, Dalaba MA, Ofosu W, et al. including Barker ME. Supporting maternal and child nutrition: views from community members in rural Northern Ghana. Public Health Nutr. 2020:1-8.
41. Denison HJ, Jameson KA, Sayer AA, Patel HP, Edwards MH, Arora T, Dennison EM, Cooper C, Baird J. Poor sleep quality and physical performance in older adults. Sleep health. 2020;20.
42. Driscoll T, Rushton L, Hutchings SJ, Straif K, Steenland K, Abate D, Abbafati C, Acharya D, Adebayo OM, Afshari M, Akinyemiju T, Alahdab F, et al. including Cooper C. Global and regional burden of disease and injury in 2016 arising from occupational exposures: A systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016. Occup Environ Med. 2020;77(3):133-41.
43. Driscoll T, Rushton L, Hutchings SJ, Straif K, Steenland K, Abate D, Abbafati C, Acharya D, Adebayo OM, Afshari M, Akinyemiju T, Alahdab F, et al. including Cooper C. Global and regional burden of cancer in 2016 arising from occupational exposure to selected carcinogens: A systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016. Occup Environ Med. 2020;77(3):151-9.
44. Erzse A, Goldstein S, Norris SA, Watson D, Kehoe SH, Barker M, Cohen E, Hofman KJ. Double-duty solutions for optimising maternal and child nutrition in urban South Africa: a qualitative study. Public Health Nutr. 2020:1-11.
45. Fall CH, Abera M, Chopra H, Hardy-Johnson P, Janha RE, Jesson J, Joglekar C, Joseph S, Kehoe SH, Mukoma G, Joshi-Reddy K, Kumaran K, et al. including Barker ME. Anthropometric nutritional status, and social and dietary characteristics of African and Indian adolescents taking part in the TALENT (Transforming Adolescent Lives through Nutrition) qualitative study. Public Health Nutr. 2020:1-12.
46. Farebrother J, Dalrymple KV, White SL, Gill C, Brockbank A, Lazarus JH, Godfrey KM, Poston L, Flynn AC. Iodine status of pregnant women with obesity from inner city populations in the United Kingdom. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2020.
47. Farzi M, Pozo JM, McCloskey E, Eastell R, Harvey N, Wilkinson JM, Frangi AF. A Spatio-Temporal Ageing Atlas of the Proximal Femur. IEEE Trans Med Imaging. 2020;39(5):1359-68.
48. Fatmi Z, Ntani G, Coggon D. Levels and determinants of fine particulate matter and carbon monoxide in kitchens using biomass and non-biomass fuel for cooking. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020;17 (4).
49. Fatmi Z, Sahito A, Ntani G, Coggon D. Acute coronary syndrome and use of biomass fuel among women in rural Pakistan: a case-control study. Int J Public Health. 2020;65(2):149-57.
50. Felix JF, Andersen AMN, Charles MA, Corpeleijn E, Donner N, Elhakeem A, Eriksson JG, Foong R, Grote V, Haakma S, Hanson M, Harris JR, et al. including Inskip HM, Salika T. The LifeCycle Project-EU Child Cohort Network: a federated analysis infrastructure and harmonized data of more than 250,000 children and parents. Eur J Epidemiol. 2020;35(7):709-24.
51. Flynn AC, Thompson JMD, Dalrymple KV, Wall C, Begum S, Pallippadan Johny J, Cutfield WS, North R, McCowan LME, Godfrey KM, Mitchell EA, Poston L. Childhood dietary patterns and body composition at age 6 years: the Children of SCOPE study. Br J Nutr. 2020:1-21.
52. Fogel A, McCrickerd K, Aris IM, Goh AT, Chong YS, Tan KH, Yap F, Shek LP, Meaney MJ, Broekman BFP, Godfrey KM, Chong MFF, et al. Eating behaviors moderate the associations between risk factors in the first 1000 days and adiposity outcomes at 6 years of age. Am J Clin Nutr. 2020;111(5):997-1006.
53. Forgetta V, Keller-Baruch J, Forest M, Durand A, Bhatnagar S, Kemp JP, Nethander M, Evans D, Morris JA, Kiel DP, Rivadeneira F, Johansson H, et al. Development of a polygenic risk score to improve screening for fracture risk: A genetic risk prediction study. PLoS Med. 2020;17 (7).
54. Gale C, Ritchie SJ, Starr JM, Deary IJ. Physical frailty and decline in general and specific cognitive abilities: the Lothian Birth Cohort 1936. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2020;74(2):108-13.
55. Garriga C, Sanchez-Santos MT, Judge A, Hart D, Spector T, Cooper C, Arden NK. Predicting Incident Radiographic Knee Osteoarthritis in Middle-Aged Women Within Four Years: The Importance of Knee-Level Prognostic Factors. Arthritis Care Res. 2020;72(1):88-97.
56. Gbesemete D, Barker M, Lawrence WT, Watson D, De Graaf H, Read RC. Exploring the acceptability of controlled human infection with SARSCoV2 – A public consultation. BMC Med. 2020;18 (1).
57. Gopal-Kothandapani JS, Rigby AS, Harrison R, Eastell R, Moon RJ, Curtis EM, Cooper C, Harvey NC, Bishop N. Maternal pregnancy vitamin D supplementation increases offspring bone formation in response to mechanical loading: Findings from a MAVIDOS trial sub-study. J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact. 2020;20(1):4-11.
58. Graetz N, Woyczynski L, Wilson KF, Hall JB, Abate KH, Abd-Allah F, Adebayo OM, Adekanmbi V, Afshari M, Ajumobi O, Akinyemiju T, Alahdab F, et al. including Cooper C Mapping disparities in education across low- and middle-income countries. Nature. 2020;577(7789):235-8.
59. Greenspan SL, Fitzpatrick LA, Mitlak B, Wang Y, Harvey NC, Deal C, Cosman F, McClung M. Abaloparatide followed by alendronate in women >=80 years with osteoporosis: post hoc analysis of ACTIVExtend. Menopause. 2020;27(10):1137-42.
60. Gwinnutt JM, Leggett S, Lunt M, Barton A, Hyrich KL, Walker-Bone K, Verstappen SMM. Predictors of presenteeism, absenteeism and job loss in patients commencing methotrexate or biologic therapy for rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatology (United Kingdom). 2020;59(10):2908-19.
61. Haagsma JA, Olij BF, Majdan M, van Beeck EF, Vos T, Castle CD, Dingels ZV, Fox JT, Hamilton EB, Liu Z, Roberts NLS, Sylte DO, et al. including Cooper C. Falls in older aged adults in 22 European countries: incidence, mortality and burden of disease from 1990 to 2017. Inj Prev. 2020;26:i67-i74.
62. Hallam TM, Marchbank KJ, Harris CL, Osmond C, Shuttleworth VG, Griffiths H, Cree AJ, Kavanagh D, Lotery AJ. Rare Genetic Variants in Complement Factor I Lead to Low FI Plasma Levels Resulting in Increased Risk of Age-Related Macular Degeneration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2020;61(6):18.
63. Hamer M, Gale CR, Batty GD. Diabetes, glycaemic control, and risk of COVID-19 hospitalisation: Population-based, prospective cohort study. Metabolism. 2020;112.
64. Hamer M, Gale CR, Kivimaki M, Batty GD. Overweight, obesity, and risk of hospitalization for COVID-19: A community-based cohort study of adults in the United Kingdom. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2020;117(35):21011-3.
65. Hamer M, Kivimaki M, Gale CR, Batty GD. Lifestyle risk factors, inflammatory mechanisms, and COVID-19 hospitalization: A community-based cohort study of 387,109 adults in UK. Brain Behav Immun. 2020;87:184-7.
66. Hamer M, Kivimaki M, Gale CR, Batty GD. Lifestyle Risk Factors for Cardiovascular Disease in Relation to COVID-19 Hospitalization: A Community-Based Cohort Study of 387,109 Adults in UK. medRxiv. 2020;13:13.
67. Hamill MM, Pettifor JM, Ward KA, Norris SA, Prentice A. Bone Mineral Density, Body Composition, and Mineral Homeostasis Over 24 Months in Urban South African Women With HIV Exposed to Antiretroviral Therapy. JBMR Plus. 2020;4 (5).
68. Han S, Binia A, Godfrey KM, El-Heis S, Cutfield WS. Do human milk oligosaccharides protect against infant atopic disorders and food allergy? Nutrients. 2020;12(10):1-12.
69. Harris EC, D’Angelo S, Darnton A, Coggon D. Relative burden of lung and pleural cancers from exposure to asbestos: A cross-sectional analysis of occupational mortality in England and Wales. BMJ Open. 2020;10 (4).
70. Harris EC, D’Angelo S, Syddall HE, Linaker C, Cooper C, Walker-Bone K. Relationships between informal caregiving, health and work in the Health and Employment After Fifty study, England. Eur J Public Health. 2020;30(4):799-806.
71. Harvey NC, Lorentzon M, Kanis JA, McCloskey E, Johansson H. Incidence of myocardial infarction and associated mortality varies by latitude and season: findings from a Swedish Registry Study. J Public Health (Oxf). 2020;42(4):e440-e8.
72. Hawley S, Edwards CJ, Arden NK, Delmestri A, Cooper C, Judge A, Prieto-Alhambra D. Descriptive epidemiology of hip and knee replacement in rheumatoid arthritis: An analysis of UK electronic medical records. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2020;50(2):237-44.
73. Hawley S, Shaw NJ, Delmestri A, Prieto-Alhambra D, Cooper C, Pinedo-Villanueva R, Javaid MK. Higher prevalence of non-skeletal comorbidity related to X-linked hypophosphataemia: a UK parallel cohort study using CPRD. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2020;17.
74. Hawley S, Shaw NJ, Delmestri A, Prieto-Alhambra D, Cooper C, Pinedo-Villanueva R, Javaid MK. Prevalence and Mortality of Individuals With X-Linked Hypophosphatemia: A United Kingdom Real-World Data Analysis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2020;105 (3).
75. Hiligsmann M, Beaudart C, Bruyere O, Biver E, Bauer J, Cruz-Jentoft AJ, Gesmundo A, Goisser S, Landi F, Locquet M, Maggi S, Rizzoli R, et al. including Cooper C. Outcome Priorities for Older Persons With Sarcopenia. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2020;21(2):267-71.e2.
76. Hiligsmann M, Dennison E, Beaudart C, Herrero-Beaumont G, Branco J, Bruyere O, Conaghan PG, Cooper C, Al-Daghri N, Jiwa F, Lems W, Pinto D, et al. A discrete-choice experiment to assess patients’ preferences for osteoarthritis treatment: An ESCEO working group. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2020;50(5):859-66.
77. Hill WD, Weiss A, Liewald DC, Davies G, Porteous DJ, Hayward C, McIntosh AM, Gale CR, Deary IJ. Genetic contributions to two special factors of neuroticism are associated with affluence, higher intelligence, better health, and longer life. Mol Psychiatry. 2020;25(11):3034-52.
78. Hollick RJ, Stelfox K, Dean LE, Shim J, Walker-Bone K, MacFarlane GJ. Outcomes and treatment responses, including work productivity, among people with axial spondyloarthritis living in urban and rural areas: A mixed-methods study within a national register. Ann Rheum Dis. 2020;79(8):1055-62.
79. Holmes MM, Stanescu SC, Linaker C, Price C, Maguire N, Fraser S, Cooper C, Walker-Bone K. Exploring the views of stakeholders about the feasibility of carrying out a randomised controlled trial of Individual Placement and Support for people unemployed with chronic pain based in primary care (the InSTEP study). Pilot Feasibility Stud. 2020;6 (1).
80. Holmes MM, Stanescu SC, Linaker C, Price C, Maguire N, Fraser S, Walker-Bone K. Individualised placement support as an employment intervention for individuals with chronic pain: A qualitative exploration of stakeholder views. BJGP Open. 2020;4 (3).
81. Hooson Jzh J, Hutchinson Jyh J, Warthon-Medina M, Hancock N, Greathead K, Knowles B, Vargas-Garcia E, Gibson LE, Bush LA, Margetts B, Robinson S, Ness A, et al. A systematic review of reviews identifying UK validated dietary assessment tools for inclusion on an interactive guided website for researchers: www.nutritools.org. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2020;60(8):1265-89.
82. Howson ELA, Kidd SP, Armson B, Goring A, Sawyer J, Cassar C, Cross D, Lewis T, Hockey J, Rivers S, Cawthraw S, Banyard A, et al. Preliminary optimisation of a simplified sample preparation method to permit direct detection of SARS-CoV-2 within saliva samples using reverse-transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP). J Virol Methods. 2020:114048.
83. Inskip H, Crozier S, Baird J, Hammond J, Robinson S, Cooper C, Godfrey K. Measured weight in early pregnancy is a valid method for estimating pre-pregnancy weight. J Dev Orig Health Dis. 2020:1-9.
84. Ishimoto Y, Jamaludin A, Cooper C, Walker-Bone K, Yamada H, Hashizume H, Oka H, Tanaka S, Yoshimura N, Yoshida M, Urban J, Kadir T, et al. Could automated machine-learned MRI grading aid epidemiological studies of lumbar spinal stenosis? Validation within the Wakayama spine study. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2020;21 (1).
85. Issayeva S, Lesnyak O, Zakroyeva A, Issayeva B, Dilmanova D, Johansson H, Liu E, Lorentzon M, Harvey NC, McCloskey E, Kanis JA. Epidemiology of osteoporotic fracture in Kazakhstan and development of a country specific FRAX model. Arch Osteoporos. 2020;15 (1).
86. James SL, Lucchesi LR, Bisignano C, Castle CD, Dingels ZV, Fox JT, Hamilton EB, Henry NJ, Krohn KJ, Liu Z, McCracken D, Nixon MR, et al. including Cooper C. The global burden of falls: global, regional and national estimates of morbidity and mortality from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017. Inj Prev. 2020;26:i3-i11.
87. Janha RE, Hardy-Johnson P, Kehoe SH, Mendy MB, Camara I, Jarjou L, Ward K, Moore SE, Fall C, Barker M, Weller S. Exploring influences on adolescent diet and physical activity in rural Gambia, West Africa: food insecurity, culture and the natural environment. Public Health Nutr. 2020:1-11.
88. Jesson J, Kouakou EK, Hardy-Johnson P, Ngoran-Theckly P, Kehoe SH, Adonis L, Fall C, Leroy V, Barker M, Weller S. Adolescent nutrition and physical activity in low-income suburbs of Abidjan, Cote d’lvoire: the gap between knowledge, aspirations and possibilities. Public Health Nutr. 2020:1-11.
89. Jesson J, Kouakou EK, Kumaran K, Adonis L, Wrottesley SV, Leroy V, Fall C. A scoping review of literature describing the nutritional status and diets of adolescents in Cote d’Ivoire. Public Health Nutr. 2020:1-16.
90. Joshi-Reddy K, Kamble V, Kunte P, Hardy-Johnson P, Fall CH, Barker M, Weller S, Yajnik CS, Kehoe SH. Adolescent diet and physical activity in the context of economic, social and nutrition transition in rural Maharashtra, India: a qualitative study. Public Health Nutr. 2020:1-10.
91. Judge A, Carr A, Price A, Garriga C, Cooper C, Prieto-Alhambra D, Old F, Peat G, Murphy J, Leal J, Barker K, Underdown L, et al. including Arden N. The impact of the enhanced recovery pathway and other factors on outcomes and costs following hip and knee replacement: routine data study. Health Serv Deliv Res. 2020;1:1.
92. Kalhan TA, Un Lam C, Karunakaran B, Chay PL, Chng CK, Nair R, Lee YS, Fong MCF, Chong YS, Kwek K, Saw SM, Shek L, et al. including Godfrey KM. Caries Risk Prediction Models in a Medical Health Care Setting. J Dent Res. 2020;99(7):787-96.
93. Kanis JA, Chandran M, Chionh SB, Ganeson G, Harvey NC, Koh WP, Kwok T, Lau TC, Liu E, Lorentzon M, McCloskey EV, Tan KB, et al. Use of age-dependent FRAX-based intervention thresholds for Singapore. Arch Osteoporos. 2020;15 (1).
94. Kanis JA, Johansson H, Harvey NC, Gudnason V, Sigurdsson G, Siggeirsdottir K, Lorentzon M, Liu E, Vandenput L, McCloskey EV. Adjusting conventional FRAX estimates of fracture probability according to the recency of sentinel fractures. Osteoporos Int. 2020;31(10):1817-28.
95. Kermack AJ, Lowen P, Wellstead SJ, Fisk HL, Montag M, Cheong Y, Osmond C, Houghton FD, Calder PC, Macklon NS. Effect of a 6-week “Mediterranean” dietary intervention on in vitro human embryo development: the Preconception Dietary Supplements in Assisted Reproduction double-blinded randomized controlled trial. Fertil Steril. 2020;113(2):260-9.
96. Kirilova E, Johansson H, Kirilov N, Vladeva S, Petranova T, Kolarov Z, Liu E, Lorentzon M, Vandenput L, Harvey NC, McCloskey E, Kanis JA. Epidemiology of hip fractures in Bulgaria: development of a country-specific FRAX model. Arch Osteoporos. 2020;15 (1).
97. Krishnaveni GV, Veena SR, Johnson M, Kumaran K, Jones A, Bhat DS, Yajnik CS, Fall CHD. Maternal B12, folate and homocysteine concentrations and offspring cortisol and cardiovascular responses to stress. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2020;105 (7).
98. Kumaran K, Joshi SM, Di Gravio C, Lubree H, Joglekar C, Bhat D, Kinare A, Bavdekar A, Bhave S, Pandit A, Osmond C, Yajnik C, et al. including Fall CH. Do components of adult height predict body composition and cardiometabolic risk in a young adult South Asian Indian population? Findings from a hospital-based cohort study in Pune, India: Pune Children’s Study. BMJ Open. 2020;10 (10).
99. Kumaran K, Lubree H, Bhat DS, Joshi S, Joglekar C, Yajnik P, Bhave S, Pandit A, Fall CHD, Yajnik CS. Birth weight, childhood and adolescent growth and diabetes risk factors in 21-year-old Asian Indians: the Pune Children’s Study. J Dev Orig Health Dis. 2020:1-10.
100. Lai JS, Cai S, Lee BL, Godfrey KM, Gluckman PD, Shek LP, Yap F, Tan KH, Chong YS, Ong CN, Meaney MJ, Rifkin-Graboi A, et al. Higher maternal plasma beta-cryptoxanthin concentration is associated with better cognitive and motor development in offspring at 2 years of age. Eur J Nutr. 2020.
101. Lai JS, Veetil VO, Lanca C, Lee BL, Godfrey KM, Gluckman PD, Shek LP, Yap F, Tan KH, Chong YS, Ong CN, Ngo CS, et al. Maternal lutein and zeaxanthin concentrations in relation to offspring visual acuity at 3 years of age: The GUSTO study. Nutrients. 2020;12 (2).
102. Lane JCE, Butler KL, Poveda-Marina JL, Martinez-Laguna D, Reyes C, de Bont J, Javaid MK, Logue J, Compston JE, Cooper C, Duarte-Salles T, Furniss D, et al. Preschool Obesity Is Associated With an Increased Risk of Childhood Fracture: A Longitudinal Cohort Study of 466,997 Children and Up to 11 Years of Follow-up in Catalonia, Spain. J Bone Miner Res. 2020;35(6):1022-30.
103. Lassale C, Gaye B, Hamer M, Gale CR, Batty GD. Ethnic disparities in hospitalisation for COVID-19 in England: The role of socioeconomic factors, mental health, and inflammatory and pro-inflammatory factors in a community-based cohort study. Brain Behav Immun. 2020;88:44-9.
104. Lawrence W, Vogel C, Strommer S, Morris T, Treadgold B, Watson D, Hart K, McGill K, Hammond J, Harvey NC, Cooper C, Inskip H, et al. including Baird J, Barker M. How can we best use opportunities provided by routine maternity care to engage women in improving their diets and health? Matern Child Nutr. 2020;16 (1).
105. Leslie WD, Morin SN, Lix LM, Martineau P, Bryanton M, McCloskey EV, Johansson H, Harvey NC, Kanis JA. Reassessment Intervals for Transition from Low to High Fracture Risk among Adults Older Than 50 Years. JAMA Network Open. 2020;3 (1).
106. Leslie WD, Schousboe JT, Morin SN, Martineau P, Lix LM, Johansson H, McCloskey EV, Harvey NC, Kanis JA. Loss in DXA-estimated total body lean mass but not fat mass predicts incident major osteoporotic fracture and hip fracture independently from FRAX: a registry-based cohort study. Arch Osteoporos. 2020;15 (1).
107. Leslie WD, Schousboe JT, Morin SN, Martineau P, Lix LM, Johansson H, McCloskey EV, Harvey NC, Kanis JA. Fracture risk following high-trauma versus low-trauma fracture: a registry-based cohort study. Osteoporos Int. 2020;31(6):1059-67.
108. Leslie WD, Schousboe JT, Morin SN, Martineau P, Lix LM, Johansson H, McCloskey EV, Harvey NC, Kanis JA. Measured height loss predicts incident clinical fractures independently from FRAX: a registry-based cohort study. Osteoporos Int. 2020;31(6):1079-87.
109. Lesnyak O, Ismailov S, Shakirova M, Alikhanova N, Zakroyeva A, Abboskhujaeva L, Johansson H, Harvey N, McCloskey E, Kanis J. Epidemiology of hip fracture and the development of a FRAX model for Uzbekistan. Arch Osteoporos. 2020;15 (1).
110. Lesnyak O, Zakroyeva A, Lobanchenko O, Johansson H, Liu E, Lorentzon M, Harvey NC, McCloskey E, Kanis JA. A surrogate FRAX model for the Kyrgyz Republic. Arch Osteoporos. 2020;15 (1).
111. Lessa A, Garcia AL, Emmett P, Crozier S, Robinson S, Godfrey KM, Wright CM. Does early introduction of solid feeding lead to early cessation of breastfeeding? Matern Child Nutr. 2020;16 (4).
112. Linaker CH, D’Angelo S, Syddall HE, Harris EC, Cooper C, Walker-Bone K. Body mass index (BMI) and work ability in older workers: Results from the health and employment after fifty (HEAF) prospective cohort study. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020;17 (5).
113. Litwic AE, Westbury LD, Carter S, Ward KA, Cooper C, Dennison EM. Self-perceived Fracture Risk in the Global Longitudinal Study of Osteoporosis in Women: Its Correlates and Relationship with Bone Microarchitecture. Calcif Tissue Int. 2020;106(6):625-36.
114. Litwic AE, Westbury LD, Ward K, Cooper C, Dennison EM. Adiposity and bone microarchitecture in the GLOW study. Osteoporosis Int. 2020.
115. Lokulo-Sodipe O, Ballard L, Child J, Inskip HM, Byrne CD, Ishida M, Moore GE, Wakeling EL, Fenwick A, Mackay DJG, Davies JH, Karen Temple I. Phenotype of genetically confirmed Silver-Russell syndrome beyond childhood. J Med Genet. 2020;57(10):683-91.
116. Loo EXL, Liew TM, Yap GC, Wong LSY, Shek LPC, Goh A, Van Bever HPS, Teoh OH, Yap F, Tan KH, Thomas B, Ramamurthy MB, et al. including Godfrey KM. Trajectories of early-onset rhinitis in the Singapore GUSTO mother-offspring cohort. Clin Exp Allergy. 2020.
117. Loo EXL, Soh SE, Loy SL, Ng S, Tint MT, Chan SY, Huang JY, Yap F, Tan KH, Chern BSM, Tan HH, Meaney MJ, et al. including Godfrey KM. Cohort profile: Singapore Preconception Study of Long-Term Maternal and Child Outcomes (S-PRESTO). Eur J Epidemiol. 2020.
118. Loy SL, Cheung YB, Cai S, Colega MT, Godfrey KM, Chong YS, Shek LPC, Tan KH, Chong MFF, Yap F, Chan JKY. Maternal night-time eating and sleep duration in relation to length of gestation and preterm birth. Clin Nutr. 2020;39(6):1935-42.
119. Loy SL, Cheung YB, Chan JKY, Soh SE, Godfrey KM, Tan KH, Shek LPC, Chong YS, Lek N, Yap F, Teoh OH, Yung CF, et al. Timeliness of Childhood Vaccination Coverage: the Growing Up in Singapore Towards Healthy Outcomes Study. Prev Sci. 2020;21(3):283-92.
120. Loy SL, Ku CW, Lai AEQ, Choo XH, Ho AHM, Cheung YB, Godfrey KM, Chong YS, Gluckman PD, Shek LPC, Tan KH, Yap FKP, et al. Plasma glycemic measures and fecundability in a Singapore preconception cohort study. Fertil Steril. 2020.
121. Loy SL, Loo RSX, Godfrey KM, Chong YS, Shek LPC, Tan KH, Chong MFF, Chan JKY, Yap F. Chrononutrition during pregnancy: A review on maternal night-time eating. Nutrients. 2020;12(9):1-16.
122. Maasen K, James PT, Prentice AM, Moore SE, Fall CH, Chandak GR, Betts M, Silver MJ, Buxton JL. Periconceptional environment predicts leukocyte telomere length in a cross-sectional study of 7-9 year old rural Gambian children. Sci Rep. 2020;10(1):9675.
123. Madan I, Parsons V, Ntani G, Coggon D, Wright A, English J, McCrone P, Smedley J, Rushton L, Murphy C, Cookson B, Williams HC. A behaviour change package to prevent hand dermatitis in nurses working in the National Health Service: results of a cluster randomized controlled trial. Br J Dermatol. 2020;183(3):462-70.
124. McKerracher L, Moffat T, Barker M, McConnell M, Atkinson SA, Murray-Davis B, McDonald SD, Sloboda DM. Knowledge about the Developmental Origins of Health and Disease is independently associated with variation in diet quality during pregnancy. Matern Child Nutr. 2020;16 (2).
125. McKerracher L, Oresnik S, Moffat T, Murray-Davis B, Vickers-Manzin J, Zalot L, Williams D, Sloboda DM, Barker ME. Addressing embodied inequities in health: how do we enable improvement in women’s diet in pregnancy? Public Health Nutr. 2020;23(16):2994-3004.
126. McLachlan KJJ, Cole JH, Harris SE, Marioni RE, Deary IJ, Gale CR. Attitudes to ageing, biomarkers of ageing and mortality: the Lothian Birth Cohort 1936. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2020;74(4):377-83.
127. Michael N, Gupta V, Sadananthan SA, Sampathkumar A, Chen L, Pan H, Tint MT, Lee KJ, Loy SL, Aris IM, Shek LPC, Yap FKP, et al. including Godfrey KM. Determinants of intramyocellular lipid accumulation in early childhood. Int J Obes. 2020;44(5):1141-51.
128. Morris T, Strommer S, Vogel C, Harvey NC, Cooper C, Inskip H, Woods-Townsend K, Baird J, Barker M, Lawrence W. Improving pregnant women’s diet and physical activity behaviours: The emergent role of health identity. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2020;20 (1).
129. Nadin T, Wallis D, Holroyd CR, D’Angelo S, Walker-Bone K, Edwards CJ. Amongst patients taking biologic therapies for axial spondyloarthritis, which factors are associated with work non-participation? BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2020;21 (1).
130. Norris T, Crozier SR, Cameron N, Godfrey KM, Inskip H, Johnson W. Fetal growth does not modify the relationship of infant weight gain with childhood adiposity and blood pressure in the Southampton women’s survey. Ann Hum Biol. 2020;47(2):150-8.
131. O’Donnell M M, Baird J, Cooper C, Crozier SR, Godfrey KM, Geary M, Inskip HM, Hayes CB. The effects of different smoking patterns in pregnancy on perinatal outcomes in the Southampton Women’s Survey. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020;17(21):1-13.
132. Ong YY, Sadananthan SA, Aris IM, Tint MT, Yuan WL, Huang JY, Chan YH, Ng S, Loy SL, Velan SS, Fortier MV, Godfrey KM, et al. Mismatch between poor fetal growth and rapid postnatal weight gain in the first 2 years of life is associated with higher blood pressure and insulin resistance without increased adiposity in childhood: the GUSTO cohort study. Int J Epidemiol. 2020;27.
133. Pang WW, McCrickerd K, Quah PL, Fogel A, Aris IM, Yuan WL, Fok D, Chua MC, Lim SB, Shek LP, Chan SY, Tan KH, et al. Is breastfeeding associated with later child eating behaviours? Appetite. 2020;150.
134. Pang WW, Tan PT, Cai S, Fok D, Chua MC, Lim SB, Shek LP, Chan SY, Tan KH, Yap F, Gluckman PD, Godfrey KM, et al. Nutrients or nursing? Understanding how breast milk feeding affects child cognition. Eur J Nutr. 2020;59(2):609-19.
135. Parsons CM, Carter SA, Ward K, Syddall HE, Clynes MA, Cooper C, Dennison EM. Intergenerational effect of early-life growth on offspring height: Evidence from the Hertfordshire Cohort Study. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2020;34(1):29-35.
136. Parsons CM, Edwards MH, Cooper C, Dennison EM, Ward KA. Are jumping mechanography assessed muscle force and power, and traditional physical capability measures associated with falls in older adults? Results from the hertfordshire cohort study. J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact. 2020;20(2):168-75.
137. Parsons CM, Gates LS, Perry T, Nevitt M, Felson D, Sanchez-Santos MT, Jones G, Golightly YM, Allen KD, Callahan LF, White DK, Walker-Bone K, et al. including Cooper C, Arden NK. Predominant lifetime occupation and associations with painful and structural knee osteoarthritis: An international participant-level cohort collaboration. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage Open. 2020.
138. Parsons CM, Harvey N, Shepstone L, Kanis JA, Lenaghan E, Clarke S, Fordham R, Gittoes N, Harvey I, Holland R, Redmond NM, Howe A, et al. including Cooper C. Systematic screening using FRAX leads to increased use of, and adherence to, anti-osteoporosis medications: an analysis of the UK SCOOP trial. Osteoporos Int. 2020;31(1):67-75.
139. Parsons CM, Judge A, Meyer R, Bruyere O, Petit-Dop F, Chapurlat R, Reginster JY, Cooper C, Inskip H. Determining individual trajectories of joint space loss: improved statistical methods for monitoring knee osteoarthritis disease progression. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage. 2020.
140. Patel H, Sammut L, Denison H, Teesdale-Spittle P, Dennison E. The Relationship Between Non-elite Sporting Activity and Calcaneal Bone Density in Adolescents and Young Adults: A Narrative Systematic Review. Front Physiol. 2020;11:167.
141. Perez-Mojica JE, Lillycrop KA, Cooper C, Calder PC, Burdge GC. Docosahexaenoic acid and oleic acid induce altered DNA methylation of individual CpG loci in Jurkat T cells. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2020;158.
142. Perry TA, Wang X, Gates L, Parsons CM, Sanchez-Santos MT, Garriga C, Cooper C, Nevitt MC, Hunter DJ, Arden NK. Occupation and risk of knee osteoarthritis and knee replacement: A longitudinal, multiple-cohort study. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2020;50(5):1006-14.
143. Phelps EE, Tutton E, Griffin X, Baird J. A mixed-methods systematic review of patients’ experience of being invited to participate in surgical randomised controlled trials. Soc Sci Med. 2020;253.
144. Philips EM, Santos S, Trasande L, Aurrekoetxea JJ, Barros H, von Berg A, Bergstrom A, Bird PK, Brescianini S, Ni Chaoimh C, Charles MA, Chatzi L, et al. including Crozier SR, Godfrey KM, Inskip HM. Changes in parental smoking during pregnancy and risks of adverse birth outcomes and childhood overweight in Europe and North America: An individual participant data meta-analysis of 229,000 singleton births. PLoS Med. 2020;17(8):e1003182.
145. Pillai RA, Islam MO, Selvam P, Sharma N, Chu AHY, Watkins OC, Godfrey KM, Lewis RM, Chan SY. Placental Inositol Reduced in Gestational Diabetes as Glucose alters Inositol Transporters and IMPA1 enzyme expression. J Clinical Endocrinol Metab. 2020;09.
146. Portegijs E, Timmermans EJ, Castell MV, Dennison EM, Herbolsheimer F, Limongi F, van der Pas S, Schaap LA, van Schoor N, Deeg DJH. Neighborhood Resources Associated With Active Travel in Older Adults-A Cohort Study in Six European Countries. J Aging Phys Act. 2020:1-14.
147. Radojcic MR, Arden NK, Yang X, Strauss VY, Birrell F, Cooper C, Kluzek S. Pain trajectory defines knee osteoarthritis subgroups: a prospective observational study. Pain. 2020;161(12):2841-51.
148. Raisi-Estabragh Z, Biasiolli L, Cooper J, Aung N, Fung K, Paiva JM, Sanghvi MM, Thomson RJ, Curtis E, Paccou J, Rayner JJ, Werys K, et al. including Cooper C, Harvey NC. Poor Bone Quality is Associated With Greater Arterial Stiffness: Insights From the UK Biobank. J Bone Miner Res. 2020.
149. Raisi-Estabragh Z, Cooper J, Judge R, Khanji MY, Munroe PB, Cooper C, Harvey NC, Petersen SE. Age, sex and disease-specific associations between resting heart rate and cardiovascular mortality in the UK BIOBANK. PLoS One. 2020;15 (5).
150. Raisi-Estabragh Z, Gkontra P, Jaggi A, Cooper J, Augusto J, Bhuva AN, Davies RH, Manisty CH, Moon JC, Munroe PB, Harvey NC, Lekadir K, et al. Repeatability of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Radiomics: A Multi-Centre Multi-Vendor Test-Retest Study. Front Cardiovasc Med. 2020;7:586236.
151. Raisi-Estabragh Z, Harvey NC, Neubauer S, Petersen SE. Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging in the UK Biobank: a major international health research resource. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2020;09.
152. Raisi-Estabragh Z, McCracken C, Ardissino M, Bethell MS, Cooper J, Cooper C, Harvey NC, Petersen SE. Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System Blockers Are Not Associated With Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Hospitalization: Study of 1,439 UK Biobank Cases. Front Cardiovasc Med. 2020;7:138.
153. Raisi-Estabragh Z, McCracken C, Bethell MS, Cooper J, Cooper C, Caulfield MJ, Munroe PB, Harvey NC, Petersen SE. Greater risk of severe COVID-19 in Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic populations is not explained by cardiometabolic, socioeconomic or behavioural factors, or by 25(OH)-vitamin D status: study of 1326 cases from the UK Biobank. J Public Health (Oxf). 2020;42(3):451-60.
154. Randhir K, Pisal H, Kadam V, Khaire-Ghadge A, Malshe N, Deshpande R, Palkar S, Lalwani S, Kumaran K, Yajnik C, Osmond C, Fall C, et al. Association of preeclampsia with anthropometric measures and blood pressure in Indian children. PLoS One. 2020;15 (5).
155. Rangan A, Brealey SD, Keding A, Corbacho B, Northgraves M, Kottam L, Goodchild L, Srikesavan C, Rex S, Charalambous CP, Hanchard N, Armstrong A, et al. Management of adults with primary frozen shoulder in secondary care (UK FROST): a multicentre, pragmatic, three-arm, superiority randomised clinical trial. Lancet. 2020;396(10256):977-89.
156. Rauschert S, Melton PE, Heiskala A, Karhunen V, Burdge G, Craig JM, Godfrey KM, Lillycrop K, Mori TA, Beilin LJ, Oddy WH, Pennell C, et al. Machine learning-based dna methylation score for fetal exposure to maternal smoking: Development and validation in samples collected from adolescents and adults. Environ Health Perspect. 2020;128(9):1-11.
157. Robinson DE, Ali MS, Pallares N, Tebe C, Elhussein L, Abrahamsen B, Arden NK, Ben-Shlomo Y, Caskey FJ, Cooper C, Dedman D, Delmestri A, et al. including Javaid MK. Safety of oral bisphosphonates in moderate-to-severe chronic kidney disease: a bi-national cohort analysis. J Bone Miner Res. 2020;29:29.
158. Rodriguez-Martinez A, Zhou B, Sophiea MK, Bentham J, Paciorek CJ, Iurilli ML, Carrillo-Larco RM, Bennett JE, Di Cesare M, Taddei C, Bixby H, Stevens GA, et al. including Cooper C, Dennison EM, Fall CHD. Height and body-mass index trajectories of school-aged children and adolescents from 1985 to 2019 in 200 countries and territories: a pooled analysis of 2181 population-based studies with 65 million participants. Lancet. 2020;396(10261):1511-24.
159. Saffari A, Shrestha S, Issarapu P, Sajjadi S, Betts M, Sahariah SA, Tomar AS, James P, Dedaniya A, Yadav DK, Kumaran K, Prentice AM, et al. including Fall CHD, Cooper C, DiGravio C, Kehoe S, Ward KA. Effect of maternal preconceptional and pregnancy micronutrient interventions on children’s DNA methylation: Findings from the EMPHASIS study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2020;112(4):1099-113.
160. Shaw SC, Ntani G, Baird J, Vogel CA. A systematic review of the influences of food store product placement on dietary-related outcomes. Nutr Rev. 2020;78(12):1030-45.
161. Shere C, Fuggle NR, Edward MH, Parsons CM, Jameson KA, Cooper C, Dennison EM, Ward KA. Jumping Joints: The Complex Relationship Between Osteoarthritis and Jumping Mechanography. Calcif Tissue Int. 2020;106(2):115-23.
162. Shoham N, Cooper C. How advances in epidemiology are influencing older adult psychiatry. BJPsych Advances. 2020;26(2):104-5.
163. Simeoni U, Osmond C, Garay R, Buffat C, Boubred F, Chagnaud C, Jouve E, Audebert C, Antoine JM, Thornburg K. Leptin and insulin in young adulthood are associated with weight in infancy. J Endocrinol. 2020;244(2):249-59.
164. Simner CL, Ashley B, Cooper C, Harvey NC, Lewis RM, Cleal JK. Investigating a suitable model for the study of vitamin D mediated regulation of human placental gene expression. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2020;199.
165. Sinclair JMA, Dutey-Magni PF, Anderson AS, Baird J, Barker ME, Cutress RI, Kaner EFS, McCann M, Priest CK, Copson ER. A Context-Specific Digital Alcohol Brief Intervention in Symptomatic Breast Clinics (Abreast of Health): Development and Usability Study. JMIR Res Protoc. 2020;9(1):e14580.
166. Siviero P, Limongi F, Gesmundo A, Zambon S, Cooper C, Dennison EM, Edwards MH, van der Pas S, Timmermans EJ, van Schoor NM, Schaap LA, Dallmeier D, et al. Factors associated with functional decline in hand and hip/knee osteoarthritis after a year’s time: Data from the EPOSA study. Arthritis Care Res. 2020;08.
167. Siviero P, Veronese N, Smith T, Stubbs B, Limongi F, Zambon S, Dennison EM, Edwards M, Cooper C, Timmermans EJ, van Schoor NM, van der Pas S, et al. Association Between Osteoarthritis and Social Isolation: Data From the EPOSA Study. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2020;68(1):87-95.
168. Skjodt MK, Khalid S, Ernst M, Rubin KH, Martinez-Laguna D, Delmestri A, Javaid MK, Cooper C, Libanati C, Toth E, Abrahamsen B, Prieto-Alhambra D. Secular trends in the initiation of therapy in secondary fracture prevention in Europe: a multi-national cohort study including data from Denmark, Catalonia, and the United Kingdom. Osteoporos Int. 2020;31(8):1535-44.
169. Soreskog E, Borgstrom F, Shepstone L, Clarke S, Cooper C, Harvey I, Harvey NC, Howe A, Johansson H, Marshall T, O’Neill TW, Peters TJ, et al. Long-term cost-effectiveness of screening for fracture risk in a UK primary care setting: the SCOOP study. Osteoporos Int. 2020;31(8):1499-506.
170. Staines KA, Hardy R, Samvelyan HJ, Ward KA, Cooper R. Life course longitudinal growth and risk of knee osteoarthritis at age 53 years: evidence from the 1946 British birth cohort study. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2020;28:28.
171. Stevelink SAM, Pernet D, Dregan A, Davis K, Walker-Bone K, Fear NT, Hotopf M. The mental health of emergency services personnel in the UK Biobank: a comparison with the working population. Eur J Psychotraumatol. 2020;11(1):1799477.
172. Sugianto R, Chan MJ, Wong SF, Shek LPC, Tan KH, Chong YS, Godfrey KM, Tai BC, Chong MFF. Evaluation of a Quantitative Food Frequency Questionnaire for 5-Year-Old Children in an Asian Population. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2020;120(3):437-44.
173. Syddall HE, D’Angelo S, Ntani G, Stevens M, Clare Harris E, Linaker CH, Walker-Bone K. Work participation and risk factors for health-related job loss among older workers in the Health and Employment after Fifty (HEAF) study: Evidence from a 2-year follow-up period. PLoS One. 2020;15.
174. Syn NL, Chan SY, Chia EWY, Ong WX, Phua D, Cai S, Shek LPC, Chong YS, Daniel LM, Broekman BFP, Godfrey KM, Meaney MJ, et al. Severity of nausea and vomiting in pregnancy and early childhood neurobehavioural outcomes: The Growing Up in Singapore Towards Healthy Outcomes study. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2020.
175. Ta LDH, Chan JCY, Yap GC, Purbojati RW, Drautz-Moses DI, Koh YM, Tay CJX, Huang CH, Kioh DYQ, Woon JY, Tham EH, Loo EXL, et al. including Godfrey KM. A compromised developmental trajectory of the infant gut microbiome and metabolome in atopic eczema. Gut Microbes. 2020;12(1):1-21.
176. Taddei C, Jackson R, Zhou B, Bixby H, Danaei G, Di Cesare M, Kuulasmaa K, Hajifathalian K, Bentham J, Bennett JE, Aekplakorn W, Cifkova R, et al. including Cooper C, Dennison E. National trends in total cholesterol obscure heterogeneous changes in HDL and non-HDL cholesterol and total-to-HDL cholesterol ratio: A pooled analysis of 458 population-based studies in Asian and Western countries. Int J Epidemiol. 2020;49(1):173-92.
177. Taddei C, Zhou B, Bixby H, Carrillo-Larco RM, Danaei G, Jackson RT, Farzadfar F, Sophiea MK, Di Cesare M, Iurilli MLC, Martinez AR, Asghari G, et al. including Cooper C, Dennison EM. Repositioning of the global epicentre of non-optimal cholesterol. Nature. 2020;582(7810):73-7.
178. Taylor EJ, Wilding S, Ziauddeen N, Godfrey KM, Berrington A, Alwan NA. Change in modifiable maternal characteristics and behaviours between consecutive pregnancies and offspring adiposity: A systematic review. Obes Rev. 2020;21 (11).
179. Tint MT, Sadananthan SA, Soh SE, Aris IM, Michael N, Tan KH, Shek LPC, Yap F, Gluckman PD, Chong YS, Godfrey KM, Velan SS, et al. Maternal glycemia during pregnancy and offspring abdominal adiposity measured by MRI in the neonatal period and preschool years: The Growing up in Singapore towards healthy Outcomes (GUSTO) prospective mother-offspring birth cohort study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2020;112(1):39-47.
180. van Lee L, Chia A, Phua D, Colega M, Padmapriya N, Bernard JY, Cai S, Tham EKH, Teoh OH, Goh D, Gooley JJ, Gluckman PD, et al. including Godfrey KM. Multiple modifiable lifestyle factors and the risk of perinatal depression during pregnancy: Findings from the GUSTO cohort. Compr Psychiatry. 2020;103.
181. Van Lippevelde W, Vik FN, Wills AK, Strommer ST, Barker ME, Skreden M, Anderson Berry A, Hanson C, Brantsaeter AL, Hillesund ER, Overby NC. The impact of diet during adolescence on the neonatal health of offspring: evidence on the importance of preconception diet. The HUNT study. J Dev Orig Health Dis. 2020:1-13.
182. van Schoor NM, Dennison E, Castell MV, Cooper C, Edwards MH, Maggi S, Pedersen NL, van der Pas S, Rijnhart JJM, Lips P, Deeg DJH. Clinical osteoarthritis of the hip and knee and fall risk: The role of low physical functioning and pain medication. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2020;50(3):380-6.
183. Vasan SK, Antonisamy B, Gowri M, Selliah HY, Geethanjali FS, Jebasingh FS, Paul TV, Thomas N, Karpe F, Johnson M, Osmond C, Fall CHD. Prevalence, incidence and predictors of cardiovascular risk factors: Longitudinal data from rural and urban South India and comparison with global data. BMJ Open Diabetes Res Care. 2020;8 (1).
184. Wang X, Perry TA, Arden N, Chen L, Parsons CM, Cooper C, Gates L, Hunter DJ. Occupational Risk in Knee Osteoarthritis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Observational Studies. Arthritis Care Res. 2020;72(9):1213-23.
185. Watson D, Kehoe SH, Erzse A, Compaore A, Debpuur C, Nonterah EA, Sorgho H, Norris SA, Hofman KJ, Lawrence W, Newell ML, Godfrey KM, et al. including Ward KA, Barker ME. Community perspectives on maternal and child health during nutrition and economic transition in sub-Saharan Africa. Public Health Nutr. 2020:1-9.
186. Weller S, Hardy-Johnson P, Strommer S, Fall C, Banavali U, Chopra H, Janha RE, Joseph S, Joshi Reddy K, Mengistie MA, Wrottesley SV, Kouakou E, et al. including Barker ME. ‘I should be disease free, healthy and be happy in whatever I do’: a cross-country analysis of drivers of adolescent diet and physical activity in different low- and middle-income contexts. Public Health Nutr. 2020:1-11.
187. Welstead M, Muniz-Terrera G, Russ TC, Corley J, Taylor AM, Gale CR, Luciano M. Inflammation as a risk factor for the development of frailty in the Lothian Birth Cohort 1936. Exp Gerontol. 2020;139.
188. Westbury LD, Syddall HE, Fuggle NR, Dennison EM, Cauley JA, Shiroma EJ, Fielding RA, Newman AB, Cooper C. Long-term rates of change in musculoskeletal aging and body composition: findings from the Health, Aging and Body Composition Study. Calcif Tissue Int. 2020;106(6):616-24.
189. Westbury LD, Syddall HE, Fuggle NR, Dennison EM, Harvey NC, Cauley JA, Shiroma EJ, Fielding RA, Newman AB, Cooper C. Relationships Between Level and Change in Sarcopenia and Other Body Composition Components and Adverse Health Outcomes: Findings from the Health, Aging, and Body Composition Study. Calcif Tissue Int. 2020.
190. Wilkinson R, Afework T, Mortimore A, Phillips DIW, Willcox M, Levene D, Kaba M. A neglected source of household air pollution: a preliminary, mixed methods study of purposely produced household smoke in Wollo, Ethiopia. J Public Health (Oxf). 2020;10.
191. Wilson N, Hurkmans E, Adams J, Bakkers M, Balaaova P, Baxter M, Blavnsfeldt AB, Briot K, Chiari C, Cooper C, Dragoi R, Gabler G, et al. Prevention and management of osteoporotic fractures by non-physician health professionals: A systematic literature review to inform EULAR points to consider. RMD Open. 2020;6 (1).
192. Wood N, Hardy R, Bann D, Gale C, Stafford M. Childhood correlates of adult positive mental well-being in three British longitudinal studies. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2020;23.
193. Woolford SJ, Curtis EM, D’Angelo S, Mahon P, Cooke L, Cleal JK, Crozier SR, Godfrey KM, Inskip HM, Cooper C, Harvey NC. Placental volume at 11 weeks is associated with offspring bone mass at birth and in later childhood: Findings from the Southampton Women’s Survey. Placenta. 2020;99:101-7.
194. Woolford SJ, D’Angelo S, Curtis EM, Parsons CM, Ward KA, Dennison EM, Patel HP, Cooper C, Harvey NC. COVID-19 and associations with frailty and multimorbidity: a prospective analysis of UK Biobank participants. Aging Clin Exp Res. 2020;23.
195. Wrottesley SV, Prioreschi A, Kehoe SH, Ward KA, Norris SA. A maternal “mixed, high sugar” dietary pattern is associated with fetal growth. Matern Child Nutr. 2020;16 (2).
196. Wu CH, Hung WC, Chang IL, Tsai TT, Chang YF, McCloskey EV, Watts NB, McClung MR, Huang CF, Chen CH, Wu KL, Tsai KS, et al. including Cooper C. Pharmacologic intervention for prevention of fractures in osteopenic and osteoporotic postmenopausal women: Systemic review and meta-analysis. Bone Reports. 2020;13.
197. Yates M, Bechman K, Dennison EM, MacGregor AJ, Ledingham J, Norton S, Galloway JB. Data quality predicts care quality: Findings from a national clinical audit. Arthritis Research and Therapy. 2020;22 (1).
198. Yates M, MacGregor AJ, Ledingham J, Norton S, Bechman K, Dennison EM, Galloway JB. Variation and implications of treatment decisions in early rheumatoid arthritis: results from a nationwide cohort study. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2020;59(8):2035-42.
199. Yuan WL, Lin J, Kramer MS, Godfrey KM, Gluckman PD, Chong YS, Shek LP, Tan KH, Chan SY, Eriksson JG, Yap F, Lee YS, et al. Maternal glycemia during pregnancy and child carotid intima media thickness, pulse wave velocity, and augmentation index. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2020;105(7).
200. Zakroyeva A, Lesnyak O, Cazac V, Groppa L, Russu E, Chislari L, Rotaru L, Johansson H, Harvey NC, McCloskey E, Lorentzon M, Kanis JA. Epidemiology of osteoporotic fracture in Moldova and development of a country-specific FRAX model. Arch Osteoporos. 2020;15 (1).
201. Zengin A, Jarjou LM, Janha RE, Prentice A, Cooper C, Ebeling PR, Ward KA. Sex-Specific Associations Between Cardiac Workload, Peripheral Vascular Calcification, and Bone Mineral Density: The Gambian Bone and Muscle Aging Study. J Bone Miner Res. 2020.
202. Ashai S, Harvey NC. Rheumatoid arthritis and bone health. Clin Med (Lond). 2020;20(6):565-7.
203. Beaudart C, Bruyere O, Cruz-Jentoft AJ, Vaquero-Pinto MN, Locquet M, Bauer J, Cooper C, Rolland Y, Dupuy C, Landi F, Reginster JY, Maggi S, et al. Patient’s Engagement in the Identification of Critical Outcomes in Sarcopenia. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2020;21(2):284-6.
204. Bhattoa HP, Cavalier E, Eastell R, Heijboer AC, Jorgensen NR, Makris K, Ulmer CZ, Kanis JA, Cooper C, Silverman SL, Vasikaran SD, Ifcc-Iof Committee for Bone Metabolism. Analytical considerations and plans to standardize or harmonize assays for the reference bone turnover markers PINP and beta-CTX in blood. Clin Chim Acta. 2020;28:28.
205. Boswell J, Baird J, Taheem R. The Challenges of Putting Systems Thinking into Practice Comment on “What Can Policy-Makers Get Out of Systems Thinking? Policy Partners’ Experiences of a Systems-Focused Research Collaboration in Preventive Health”. Int J Health Policy Manag. 2020;11.
206. Cherry L, Gates L, McCormick K, Culliford D, Portillo MC, Walker-Bone K. Self-management approaches to reduce the ill-health burden associated with musculoskeletal foot and ankle problems: A scoping review protocol. Musculoskeletal Care. 2020;18(4):541-5.
207. Chong MFF, Godfrey KM, Gluckman P, Tan KH, Shek LPC, Meaney M, Chan JKY, Yap F, Lee YS, Chong YS. Influences of the perinatal diet on maternal and child health: Insights from the GUSTO study. Proc Nutr Soc. 2020;79(3):253-8.
208. Clynes MA, Gregson CL, Bruyere O, Cooper C, Dennison EM. Osteosarcopenia: where osteoporosis and sarcopenia collide. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2020;04.
209. Clynes MA, Harvey NC, Curtis EM, Fuggle NR, Dennison EM, Cooper C. The epidemiology of osteoporosis. Br Med Bull. 2020;133(1):105-17.
210. Coggon D, Croft P, Cullinan P, Williams A. Update on Covid-age. Occup Med (Lond). 2020;70(7):527.
211. Coggon D, Croft P, Cullinan P, Williams A. Assessment of workers’ personal vulnerability to covid-19 using ‘covid-age’. Occup Med (Lond). 2020;70(7):461-4.
212. Coggon D, Croft P, Cullinan P, Williams AN. Reply. Occup Med (Lond). 2020;70(9):687-8.
213. Conley RB, Adib G, Adler RA, Akesson KE, Alexander IM, Amenta KC, Blank RD, Brox WT, Carmody EE, Chapman-Novakofski K, Clarke BL, Cody KM, et al. including Cooper C, Javaid MK. Secondary Fracture Prevention: Consensus Clinical Recommendations From a Multistakeholder Coalition. Orthop Nurs. 2020;39(3):145-61.
214. Conley RB, Adib G, Adler RA, Akesson KE, Alexander IM, Amenta KC, Blank RD, Brox WT, Carmody EE, Chapman-Novakofski K, Clarke BL, Cody KM, et al. including Cooper C, Javaid MK. Secondary Fracture Prevention: Consensus Clinical Recommendations from a Multistakeholder Coalition. J Orthop Trauma. 2020;34(4):e125-e41.
215. Conley RB, Adib G, Adler RA, Akesson KE, Alexander IM, Amenta KC, Blank RD, Brox WT, Carmody EE, Chapman-Novakofski K, Clarke BL, Cody KM, et al. including Cooper C, Javaid M. Secondary Fracture Prevention: Consensus Clinical Recommendations from a Multistakeholder Coalition. J Bone Miner Res. 2020;35(1):36-52.
216. Curtis EM, Woolford S, Holmes C, Cooper C, Harvey NC. General and Specific Considerations as to why Osteoporosis-Related Care Is Often Suboptimal. Curr Osteoporos Rep. 2020;18(1):38-46.
217. Dennison E, Chowdhury TA. CME: Rheumatology (133254): self-assessment questionnaire. Clin Med. 2020;20(6):588-9.
218. Durdin R, Parsons CM, Dennison E, Harvey NC, Cooper C, Ward K. Ethnic Differences in Bone Microarchitecture. Curr Osteoporos Rep. 2020;18(6):803-10.
219. Fuggle NR, Cooper C, Harvey NC, Al-Daghri N, Brandi ML, Bruyere O, Cano A, Dennison EM, Diez-Perez A, Kaufman JM, Palacios S, Prieto-Alhambra D, et al. Assessment of Cardiovascular Safety of Anti-Osteoporosis Drugs. Drugs. 2020;80(15):1537-52.
220. Fuggle NR, Cooper C, Oreffo ROC, Price AJ, Kaux JF, Maheu E, Cutolo M, Honvo G, Conaghan PG, Berenbaum F, Branco J, Brandi ML, et al. Alternative and complementary therapies in osteoarthritis and cartilage repair. Aging Clin Exp Res. 2020;32(4):547-60.
221. Fuggle NR, Curtis B, Clynes M, Zhang J, Ward K, Javaid MK, Harvey NC, Dennison E, Cooper C. The treatment gap: The missed opportunities for osteoporosis therapy. Bone. 2020;144:115833.
222. Fuggle NR, Javaid MK, Fujita M, Halbout P, Dawson-Hughes B, Rizzoli R, Reginster JY, Kanis JA, Cooper C. Chapter 14. Fracture Risk Assessment and How to Implement a Fracture Liaison Service. In: Falaschi P, Marsh D, editors. Orthogeriatrics: The Management of Older Patients with Fragility Fractures [Internet] Available from: https://wwwncbinlmnihgov/books/NBK565570/: Cham (CH): Springer; 2020.
223. Godfrey K. Southampton COVID-19 Testing Pilot Programme. Evaluation of the expanded Southampton pilot study (Phase 2) for use of saliva-based lamp testing in asymptomatic populations: Final report, 16th November 2020. Southampton: University of Southampton 120pp doi:10.5258/SOTON/P0045, 2020.
224. Hammond A, Sutton C, Cotterill S, Woodbridge S, O’Brien R, Radford K, Forshaw D, Verstappen S, Jones C, Marsden A, Eden M, Prior Y, et al. including Walker-Bone K. The effect on work presenteeism of job retention vocational rehabilitation compared to a written self-help work advice pack for employed people with inflammatory arthritis: Protocol for a multi-centre randomised controlled trial (the WORKWELL trial). BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2020;21 (1).
225. Harvey NC, Cooper C. Fracture risk assessment in nursing homes. Eur Geriatr Med. 2020.
226. Industrial Injuries Advisory Council including Walker-Bone K. Cutaneous malignant melanoma and occupational exposure to (natural) UV radiation in pilots and aircrew. Command Paper 216, London: Corporate Document Services; 2020.
227. Industrial Injuries Advisory Council including Walker-Bone K. Osteoarthritis of the knee in professional football players. Position Paper 44, London: Corporate Document Services; 2020.
228. Industrial Injuries Advisory Council including Walker-Bone K. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and coke oven workers. Position Paper 45, London: Corporate Document Services; 2020.
229. Industrial Injuries Advisory Council including Walker-Bone K. Occupational exposure to silica and Anti-Neutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibody-Associated Vasculitis. Position Paper 46, London: Corporate Document Services; 2020.
230. Industrial Injuries Advisory Council including Walker-Bone K. Dupuytren’s contracture: clarification of intention and amendment to the prescription. Information Note London: Corporate Document Services; 2020.
231. Inskip H, Godfrey K, Cooper C, Hanson M, Fall C, Baird J, Barker M, Sloboda D, Poston L. Re: “Invited Commentary: The Disillusionment of Developmental Origins of Health and Disease (DOHaD) Epidemiology”. Am J Epidemiol. 2020;22.
232. Ishimoto Y, Kawakami M, Curtis E, Cooper C, Moriguchi N, Nakao SI, Nakagawa Y. The new strategy for the treatment of cerebrospinal fluid leak following lumbar surgery. Spine Surg Relat Res. 2020;4(1):95-8.
233. Javaid MK, Sami A, Lems W, Mitchell P, Thomas T, Singer A, Speerin R, Fujita M, Pierroz DD, Akesson K, Halbout P, Ferrari S, et al. A patient-level key performance indicator set to measure the effectiveness of fracture liaison services and guide quality improvement: a position paper of the IOF Capture the Fracture Working Group, National Osteoporosis Foundation and Fragility Fracture Network. Osteoporos Int. 2020;31(7):1193-204.
234. Kanis JA, Cooper C, Dawson-Hughes B, Harvey NC, Johansson H, Lorentzon M, McCloskey EV, Reginster JY, Rizzoli R. FRAX and ethnicity. Osteoporos Int. 2020;31(11):2063-7.
235. Kanis JA, Harvey NC, Johansson H, Liu E, Vandenput L, Lorentzon M, Leslie WD, McCloskey EV. A decade of FRAX: how has it changed the management of osteoporosis? Aging Clin Exp Res. 2020;32(2):187-96.
236. Kanis JA, Harvey NC, McCloskey E, Bruyere O, Veronese N, Lorentzon M, Cooper C, Rizzoli R, Adib G, Al-Daghri N, Campusano C, Chandran M, et al. including Javaid K. Algorithm for the management of patients at low, high and very high risk of osteoporotic fractures. Osteoporos Int. 2020;31(1).
237. Kumaran K, Krishnaveni GV, Veena SR, Murali K, Hill JC, Stein CE, Fall CHD. Early origins of non-communicable disease; perspectives from Mysore cohorts. In: Rao G, Mohan V, editors. Diabetes mellitus: paradigms in diagnosis and management in the new millennium: South Asian Society on Atherosclerosis and Thrombosis; 2020.
238. Lanham-New SA, Webb AR, Cashman KD, Buttriss JL, Fallowfield JL, Masud T, Hewison M, Mathers JC, Kiely M, Welch AA, Ward KA, Magee P, et al. Vitamin D and SARS-CoV-2 virus/COVID-19 disease. BMJ Nutrition Prevention & Health. 2020;3(1):106-10.
239. Lassale C, Gaye B, Hamer M, Gale CR, Batty GD. Ethnic Disparities in Hospitalization for COVID-19: a Community-Based Cohort Study in the UK. medRxiv. 2020;26:26.
240. Littlejohns TJ, Holliday J, Gibson LM, Garratt S, Oesingmann N, Alfaro-Almagro F, Bell JD, Boultwood C, Collins R, Conroy MC, Crabtree N, Doherty N, et al. including Harvey NC. The UK Biobank imaging enhancement of 100,000 participants: rationale, data collection, management and future directions. Nat Commun. 2020;11 (1).
241. Loo EXL, Zhu Y, Lai JS, Chan YH, Ong CN, Tham EH, Goh A, Teoh OH, Tan KH, Yap F, Chong YS, Gluckman PD, et al. including Godfrey KM. Association between maternal carotenoid, vitamin A, and vitamin E levels and allergic outcomes in the offspring in the first 5 years of life. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2020;31(1):95-7.
242. McCloskey E, Harvey N, Johansson H, Lorentzon M, Vandenput L, Kanis JA. Screening for high fracture risk. Osteoporos Int. 2020;31(6):1179-80.
243. Meinert E, Rahman E, Potter A, Lawrence W, Van Velthoven M. Acceptability and Usability of the Mobile Digital Health App NoObesity for Families and Health Care Professionals: Protocol for a Feasibility Study. JMIR Res Protoc. 2020;9(7):e18068.
244. Moon RJ, Curtis EM, Cooper C, Davies JH, Harvey NC. Vitamin D supplementation: Are multivitamins sufficient? Arch Dis Child. 2020;105(8):791-3.
245. Moon RJ, Davies JH, Cooper C, Harvey NC. Vitamin D, and Maternal and Child Health. Calcif Tissue Int. 2020;106(1):30-46.
246. Morgan H, Chan C, Clynes C, Jameson K, Holroyd C, Cooper C, Ward K, Edwards M, Dennison EM. Bone health in rheumatoid arthritis: what can studies of bone microarchitecture tell us? EMJ Rheumatol 2020;7(1):91-9.
247. Ooi DSQ, Tan CPT, Tay MJY, Ong SG, Tham EH, Siah KTH, Eriksson JG, Godfrey KM, Shek LPC, Loo EXL. Developmental Origins of Health and Disease: Impact of environmental dust exposure in modulating microbiome and its association with non-communicable diseases. J Dev Orig Health Dis. 2020;11(6):545-56.
248. Peto J, Alwan NA, Godfrey KM, Burgess RA, Hunter DJ, Riboli E, Romer P, Buchan I, Colbourn T, Costelloe C, Davey Smith G, Elliott P, et al. including Inskip HM. Universal weekly testing as the UK COVID-19 lockdown exit strategy. Lancet. 2020;395(10234):1420-1.
249. Raisi-Estabragh Z, Izquierdo C, Campello VM, Martin-Isla C, Jaggi A, Harvey NC, Lekadir K, Petersen SE. Cardiac magnetic resonance radiomics: Basic principles and clinical perspectives. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2020;21(4):349-56.
250. Reginster JY, Beaudart C, Al-Daghri N, Avouac B, Bauer J, Bere N, Bruyere O, Cerreta F, Cesari M, Rosa MM, Cooper C, Cruz Jentoft AJ, et al. including Dennison E. Update on the ESCEO recommendation for the conduct of clinical trials for drugs aiming at the treatment of sarcopenia in older adults. Aging Clin Exp Res. 2020.
251. Roseboom TJ, Ozanne SE, Godfrey KM, Isasi CR, Itoh H, Simmons R, Bansal A, Barker M, Plosch T, Sloboda DM, Matthews SG, Fall CHD, et al. Unheard, unseen and unprotected: DOHaD council’s call for action to protect the younger generation from the long-term effects of COVID-19. J Dev Orig Health Dis. 2020:1-3.
252. Rozenberg S, Al-Daghri N, Aubertin-Leheudre M, Brandi ML, Cano A, Collins P, Cooper C, Genazzani AR, Hillard T, Kanis JA, Kaufman JM, Lambrinoudaki I, et al. including Harvey NC. Is there a role for menopausal hormone therapy in the management of postmenopausal osteoporosis? Osteoporos Int. 2020;31(12):2271-86.
253. Rukuni R, Gregson C, Kahari C, Kowo F, McHugh G, Munyati S, Mujuru H, Ward K, Filteau S, Rehman AM, Ferrand R. The IMpact of Vertical HIV infection on child and Adolescent SKeletal development in Harare, Zimbabwe (IMVASK Study): A protocol for a prospective cohort study. BMJ Open. 2020;10 (2).
254. Seccombe E, Wynne MD, Clancy C, Godfrey KM, Fityan A. A retrospective review of phototherapy in children, at a tertiary paediatric dermatology unit. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 2020.
255. Sharma E, Jacob P, Murthy P, Jain S, Varghese M, Jayarajan D, Kumar K, Benegal V, Vaidya N, Zhang Y, Desrivieres S, Schumann G, et al. including Kumaran K. Consortium on Vulnerability to Externalizing Disorders and Addictions (cVEDA): A developmental cohort study protocol. BMC Psychiatry. 2020;20 (1).
256. Strommer S, Barrett M, Woods-Townsend K, Baird J, Farrell D, Lord J, Morrison L, Shaw S, Vogel C, Lawrence W, Lovelock D, Bagust L, et al. including Coakley PJ, Horsfall MC, Cooper C, Godfrey KM, Inskip HM, Barker ME. Engaging adolescents in changing behaviour (EACH-B): a study protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial to improve dietary quality and physical activity. Trials. 2020;21 (1).
257. Strommer S, Lawrence W, Shaw S, Correia Simao S, Jenner S, Barrett M, Vogel C, Hardy-Johnson P, Farrell D, Woods-Townsend K, Baird J, Morrison L, et al. including Inskip HM, Barker ME. Behaviour change interventions: getting in touch with individual differences, values and emotions. J Dev Orig Health Dis. 2020;11(6):589-98.
258. Vasikaran SD, Bhattoa HP, Eastell R, Heijboer AC, Jorgensen NR, Makris K, Ulmer C, Kanis JA, Cooper C, Silverman S, Cavalier E. Harmonization of commercial assays for PINP; the way forward. Osteoporos Int. 2020;31(3):409-12.
259. Vogel C, Crozier S, Dhuria P, Shand C, Lawrence W, Cade J, Moon G, Lord J, Ball K, Cooper C, Baird J. Protocol of a natural experiment to evaluate a supermarket intervention to improve food purchasing and dietary behaviours of women (WRAPPED study) in England: A prospective matched controlled cluster design. BMJ Open. 2020;10 (2).
260. Vogel C, Kriznik N, Stephenson J, Barker M. Preconception nutrition: building advocacy and social movements to stimulate action. J Dev Orig Health Dis. 2020:1-6.
261. Walker-Bone K, Channa S, Leeser J, Kause J, Skidmore A, Smedley J. Occupational health: the thin line protecting the front line. Occup Med (Lond). 2020;70(5):292.
262. Walker I, Powers C, Fortescue-Webb D, Montague C, Skidmore A, Walker-Bone K, Fraser S. An alliance with public health in pursuit of COVID-19 evidence. Occup Med (Lond). 2020;10.
263. Walker IV, Smith CR, Davies JH, Inskip HM, Baird J. Methods for determining pubertal status in research studies: literature review and opinions of experts and adolescents. J Dev Orig Health Dis. 2020;11(2):168-87.
264. Ward KA. Bone Loss and Lactation in Women Living With HIV: Potential Implications for Long-Term Bone Health. J Bone Miner Res. 2020;35(11):2089-90.
265. Woolford SJ, Sohan O, Dennison EM, Cooper C, Patel HP. Approaches to the diagnosis and prevention of frailty. Aging Clin Exp Res. 2020;32(9):1629-37.
266. Wright CM, Lessa A, Garcia A, Emmett P, Crozier S, Robinson S, Godfrey KM. Early introduction of solid feeding and early cessation of breastfeeding. Matern Child Nutr. 2020;16 (4).
267. Wrottesley SV, Pedro TM, Fall CH, Norris SA. A review of adolescent nutrition in South Africa: transforming adolescent lives through nutrition initiative. South Afr J Clin Nutr. 2020;33(4):94-132.
268. Zhang J, Dennison E, Prieto-Alhambra D. Osteoporosis epidemiology using international cohorts. Curr Opin Rheumatol. 2020;32(4):387-93.